Creating valuable Content is selling experience where content is centered towards the audience by investing time and effort into the factors that interest the audience. It’s all about attracting the audience to the brand destination to achieve the marketing objectives.
Several types of content may be presented to the audience like; product content, sales content, customer service content, event content, employee-generated content, marketing, and campaign content and advertisement content.
At times, the content developed becomes either outdated or too much out of the topic that the real goal of content creation seems to get lost.
Audiences often get bored if the content isn’t as per their requirement or simply if the content doesn’t suffice their agenda. If content lacks uniqueness, customers might not stay with the content hosting platform. To avoid customers from losing interest, attention shall be paid in specific areas of creating valuable content and marketing where strategists tend to lose focus.
Creating valuable content for the audience – Guide
With the shrinking attention span of the audience and audience getting more smarter in choosing the right content, traditional tactics aren’t working anymore. Thus, determining what is ‘Valuable’ to your audience through different lenses is gaining importance.
Valuable, as it is a subjective word varies from brand to brand and audience to audience. It’s about having a right checklist which may vary from content to content but stays from an overall constant quality perspective. Thus there is no definitive approach to problem-solving, but a practical method that does not guarantee to be optimal, but sufficient for the immediate goals.
Spelling and Grammar are necessary check but does your content stands out in various other dimensions of the content quality is the key!
Let’s have a look at Content ‘heuristics’ checklist
Make a checklist to determine what might be valuable for stakeholders. It could be –
The relevance of Content
- Does the content meet user needs, goals, and aligns with their interests?
- For how long will the content be informational? When should it expire? Has its usefulness already expired?
- Is the content timely and relevant?
- How is your content different from other top-ranking webpages in the same niche?
Clarity and User Engagement
- Can your audience read and understand the content?
- Make a wise decision while choosing Content-type- textual format, audio, video or even pictorial
- Important things of the content should be at top of your article and organized logically
- Use of bullets and lists helps highlight useful information so that readers can consume it quickly
- Can your audience take the right action after reading the content? – is there an obvious call to action to enhance user engagement?
- Content shall include an obvious call to action.
- The audience shall be able to comment about the brand and ask questions and they shall be able to do it both publicly and privately.
- Comments or direct messages through different social media platforms of the company are the way to get feedback from the audience and have an improvement in the content and overall brand quality
- Does the content include all of the information customers need or might want about a topic?
- It is a good practice to include links to other web pages in case if your content’s scope doesn’t answer the audience’s needs.
- Does the content include too much or too little information about a topic for the context?
Findability of Content
- Web-based content -Your content should have Headings, metadata titles, descriptions, categories, tags, links to both internal and external posts and linked images
- Use One H1 and multiple H2 tags to help search engine optimization
- The use of customized metadata like title, keywords, and description tag helps to describe the content on the page focusing on the keyword research
- Use Images with alt tags or Alt Text so that they appear while audience search for those images.
- Use Infographics in your Blog Posts
- Video Content –
- While creating Video content, use keywords in the video titles and detailed keyword-rich summary in the video description that could help users reach your video
- Audio Content
- In case you are using Audio content, distribute it in different forms like MP3, WAV, and WIFF to make it available to all the categories of audiences
- Link those audio clips to the relevant content page as the text and audio will support each other in search optimization by displaying relevant content to the search engines.
Apps with the greater reach of Audio Content these days are:
- TikTok: TikTok is the mobile-friendly app available in both iOS and Android for creating short audiovisuals mostly for entertainment purposes. It grabbed teenager’s attention first but age seems to have no boundary as it keeps growing.
- Spotify: Spotify is a web and mobile-friendly app particularly for playing music. Audiences get access to millions of songs from across the globe and the audiences are increasing by the hour.
- Amazon Music Prime: Amazon music prime previously known as Amazon MP3 is a media player that audiences can access from web or mobile operating systems.
Shareable Content to expand the reach
Infographics, podcasts, sliding galleries, HD images, animated videos, Gif’s – increases your social exposure. Check Social media metrics that help brands evolve. Use such metrics in the content you create
- When contents are shareable, it increases the brand value of content.
- The trust level on the brand increases when something is reviewed by authorized customers
- An easy sharing option also helps users to share on various social media platforms
- When audiences can personalize the share e.g. retweeting, adding hashtags, or giving reference to other sources it helps to improve the overall brand exposure
Involve Influencers Ask guest bloggers/speakers/writers to come and share their thoughts on your platforms.
Partner with companies and engage with their content too – consequently opening up each other’s audience for more business interaction
- Gove Priority to the informational needs of the audience over the sales/promotional message.
- Delivering the right content to the right audience at the right time should be focused.
- Create Content on several different stages of the customer’s journey – eg: Informational content to educate and transactional content when you want the visitor to make a purchase on your website.
- Real stories should be part of the content.
- Consider past Audience experiences before forming new content to expand the reach of the brand