Let me start with a Congratulations that you are moving in the right direction if you have decided to start an online business. This is visionary and showcases your aspirations to grow.
Follow this step by step guide to take your existing business online or start an online business from scratch and expand your profit margins
As per Digital Reports 2019,
5.11 billion unique mobile users are in the world today, up 100 million (2 percent) in the past year.
4.39 billion internet users in 2019, an increase of 366 million (9 percent) versus January 2018.
3.48 billion social media users in 2019, with the worldwide total growing by 288 million (9 percent) since this time last year.
3.26 billion people use social media on mobile devices in January 2019, with a growth of 297 million new users representing a year-on-year increase of more than 10 percent.Digital 2019 Reports from HootSuite showing the reason why one should take business online
The above image makes us understand the importance of taking our business online with effective Content Creation and Content Marketing strategy. It is thus very important for you to take your business online and explore the vast markets for your business
After looking at these $$inspirational$$ numbers above, let’s see how can we start an online business
It’s easy to start with a Facebook or an Insta page but if you plan to target customers in different online platforms with trust and transparency, you’ll want to expand your digital footprint to include below elements which are validated to be a sequential accomplishment to start an online business
Step 1 – Create a Website to take your business online
Your website is your business’s online home. It’s where you tell your story, showcase your products, and services. A website helps you to establish credibility and expand your reach to your potential leads. Website is an important product for starting an online business
How can you create your website?
- Register a Domain Name – Your domain name should reflect your products or services so that your customers can easily find your business through a search engine. It is your online business’ name and identity For domains, you need to find a registrar who can provide you with the service
- Host your Domain – When you have bought the domain, you will require to host it so that it is visible on the internet. There are various hosting companies that you can search on the net
- Build Your Website – Once you have your domain and hosting taken care off, you are all set to create the website. Here, either you can hire an agency who can help you develop a website or you can opt for a WordPress site which is free to create and very easy to use.
- Using WordPress, you can choose a theme that represents your business
- Use various plugins available in the WordPress plugin directory and enhance your site.
Check our Guide to create a WordPress Website in 5 easy steps and give your business the launch it deserves
After creating your website, it is important to rank your website on the search engine by ensuring google ranks your online business. This process of getting a good rank on search engine search results is termed as Search Engine Optimisation. Do read this SEO Checklist available for free for a guide on SEO.
You can always connect with our preferred partners for services like SEO and Social Media Marketing
Step -2 Invest in Social Media Marketing to grow your business online
After your business is online, it is important to create a brand for your business. Social Media has turned out to be a game-changer in expanding a business. Social Media Marketing and Online Advertising Campaigns are an essential part of overall marketing efforts one should put to expand online business presence.
There are many advantages to grow your brand on social media including –
- Help you improve your customer service
- Allow you to communicate with customers and leads on a new level
- Help you target and retarget your potential clients
- Help you build authority
- Drive traffic to your website.
In short, a solid social media strategy with the right balance of advertising can drive growth for your business. It helps to foster lasting and loyal relationships with customers and prospects
Have an Email list
It is important to have an email list with whom you can share your newsletters, updates, and upgrades. Email marketing shapes up your online advertising strategy.
- Your campaigns should have definite resources for Email marketing.
- Your emails should carry the story of your brand, should be tolerable and contain messages that users won’t want to delete.
How to build an Email List?
- Create a personalized CTA – call to action button for each blog and landing page by creating Pop-Ups or Slide-Ins– People visiting your page are looking for some specific information. It is an opportunity for you to build a lasting relationship by asking them to join your email list. For example, below snip shows a format where a side window pops up and asks for user details – name, email and phone number
2. Describe what value will you add in your CTA – For example, in the snip above, FrameDx is offering a free assessment of the users’ business. Additionally, you might want to outline the value you can offer upfront, using language like, “Download,” “Featured”, “Exclusive,” “Access.”
Your web viewers need to hear how your emails can offer unique and exclusive content that isn’t already available on your website. They want to believe your company is offering something special via email
3. Include a CTA on your About Us page – Describe your business and mention how can you add value to the visitor landing at your webpage. Prompt them by reading about your work and eventually signing up to your newsletters
4. Be updated with Your News Letters – Once you have visitors who have signed up, make sure to send them engaging content. It is important to stay updated and share meaningful information else your users may start to unsubscribe from your email!
Step -3 Drive Traffic and Generate Leads to expand your business online
The website helps you to lunch your business online. Your next focus after creating a website should be on Creating compelling, search-worthy content. This includes making info-graphics, videos, blogs that people can link with their own social profile.
Use Digital Marketing methodologies like Search engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search engine marketing (SEM) to drive traffic. Optimise your images too.
This is how to get your business on google
Hope you enjoyed this article. Show your love by sharing this article on social media network with your connections!