WordPress Website Security
Website owners should have a definite plan for securing website they own. Additionally, WordPress, due to its high popularity is a favourite target of the attackers.
Users need to be proactive enough to follow every protection measure steps to secure your WordPress site.
Website and cyber-attacks from an automated source such as hacking tools, scrapers and spammers are increasing in numbers daily. They not only hack the data but also create loopholes in the website spread malware to the visitors landing on the page.
Thus, ensuring WordPress Website security by putting all the necessary checks in place has assumed significance.
There are people sitting with malicious intentions and expert tools to hack your website
In March 2016 Google announced that more than 50 million websites worldwide are infected or malicious. In March 2015, that number was 17 million. The number of new Web application vulnerabilities published in 2017 was 212% greater than the number disclosed in 2016Source – WebArx Security
Why security for a website is important?
- The hacked websites are mostly used to retarget your potential customers or your website visitors.
- Leakage of Customer’s data is not advisable! One might expose confidential data and thus invite breach of the contract thus inviting loss in brand value and revenue
- An infected Website is not at all loved by Google! One might see low rankings for an infected website.
- An infected website is not SEO friendly
- A Secure website invites trust of the Customers and audience!
Due to evolving technology, evolving businesses find it challenging to keep data secure. Thus, taking proactive security precautions for securing a website is very important.
In this blog post, we will focus on WordPress site security and will cover what Plugins help in securing a WordPress website to ensure no unintended user accesses sensitive information
Best WordPress Security Plugins to Improve Security of Website
SecuPress WordPress Plugin
SecuPress is a WordPress security plugin that protects the website from bad bots and malware. Control website access and safeguard all your data from hackers with SecuPress. Apart from security features, it improves the performance, loading speed of the website and optimizes memory usage
It has a dedicated security scanner and security report generator of WordPress. It also has dedicated features that alarm us about deactivated plugins. It has the super ability to block website visitor by geolocation.
It also helps in malware and firewall scan. It is one of best security plugin for WordPress.
Features of SecuPress WordPress Plugin
- Anti-Brute Force login
- Blocked IPs and Firewall
- Security alerts
- Malware Scan
- Block country by geolocation
ScreenShots of SecuPress
All In One WP Security & Firewall
The All in One WordPress Security Plugin offers WordPress security protection techniques in form of easy to use features.
Designed and written by experts with the user in mind, this plugin takes WordPress site security to a whole new level.
It is a WordPress security solution that analyzes the site and directs you to make your site more secure. The WordPress security service is actively designed and upgraded to address security threats as they are discovered.
Features of All In One WordPress Plugin
- All In One plugin doesn’t slow down your website and is completely free
- This WordPress security scanner is user-friendly and offers Backup Wp-config file.
- It blocks the IP and IP range as user agents.
- It always has a check on file system permission and also tends to improve it.
- It has security strength meter. It has an advance feature to check and view last file change
Overview Video of All in One WP Plugin
iThemes Security WordPress Plugin
It is one of the more impressive ways to secure your WordPress site, that has over 30+ offerings to protect WordPress in various aspects
iThemes removes obsolete software, blocks bad users and increasing the security of passwords.
- Monitors file changes and allows login using google captcha integration.
- Compares the core file with the current version of WordPress to make sure of being free from malicious attack.
- It also offers features like 404 detections, brute force protection, and strong password enforcement.
Overview Video of iThemes Security WordPress Plugin
Wordfence Security WordPress Plugin
Wordfence is one of the popular WordPress security plugins that help us to fetch insight data into overall traffic trends and hack attempts. It has a full firewall suite with tools for country blocking, manual blocking, brute force protection, real-time threat defence, and a web application firewall.
Wordfence monitors and actively alarm you about plugins that are no longer being updated and have been abandoned which can impact maliciously.
Features of WordFence Security Plugin
- It has unique featured tools that have the option to sign in with your cell phone and password auditing.
- Automatically filters out malicious requests to your site to keep your website safe.
- Available in the free version which you can download for Wordfence
- The free version is a good start to secure your site
- We suggest a premium version if your traffic is growing